One of the most memorable days at my internship was picking up one of the auction items for the Black Diamond Ball from Perth artist Di Taylor. Her art is amazing, I’ve included a picture for you guys to see, I wish I could have this painting so the person who bids on this painting will be lucky to win it. The picture is called the angels designing humanity
The Glimmer of Hope book that Lifeline WA are selling is a book about many inspirational men and woman who have stepped out of the shadows and into the light by telling their stories of suffering and survival to try and minimise the negative stigma associated with mental illness and to give hope to others who are suffering.One of the other tasks I completed while at my internship played a huge part in the fundraising aspect of Lifeline WA, Ros and I wrote letters too many businesses men and women in Perth to ask for their generosity by making a donation to Lifeline as well as providing a testimonial of the Glimmer of Hope book. We then wrapped one of the Glimmer of Hope books and presented it to the individual along with the letter.
Once we got some of the testimonials we then wrote a review about the book including some of the quotes and sent it to The West Australian to be published to gain some publicity about the book and hopefully sell many copies.
During the week we received several emails from volunteers who wanted to help out at the Black Diamond Ball and it was my job to find out the times that they wanted to work and slot them into an excel spread sheet so that we could keep track of who was in charge of what and let them know in advance if and when we needed their services.
One of the other tasks I was given was to create a media list and to think of all the different media we could target to gain publicity about the Black Diamond Ball. Another task I was given was to go round to all the different retailers in the city and hand out information about the ball as well as thinking of different ways in which we could sell raffles tickets.
I'm still really enjoying my placement at Lifeline and I think it's really rewarding. I hope everyone feels the same and are loving what their doing.
Till next time.
Jessica Dreier
14270952
Bentley Campus
No comments:
Post a Comment