Monday, September 26, 2011

PROFESSIONAL-EVENT PLANNING

My major assignment on my internship was organizing and managing the upcoming workshop which was to commence from the 18th July- 30th July under the supervision of bosses of course. Believe me; to the last day of the event I would say it was quite a challenge because everything has to be done professionally and one mistake can cost the organization in a negative way, so I had to always make sure that whatever I do in the name of ABU I am no longer a student but a professional. By the time I came in they have already sent the invitations out, I had to take it from here, do the follow ups and preparations of everything that is required. In a professional world, I keep record of everything concerning what I am dealing with to keep the right track, in my case I had to update the list of those who have confirmed their attendance and later take care of those who have to replied, send the reminding emails so that we will be accurate with the numbers attending.

The workshop had some of attendees from other countries so some are required visa to enter the country so I had to send them visa application letters to show to the embassies when applying and also their confirmation letters to the event with their travel documents information. This was too serious and I started taking my job serious too and started enjoying doing the job as I started understanding what I have to do exactly. After confirming who will be attending and the like, we had to know their choices of accommodation and mode of transport from the airport, because they are foreigners we advise them to get the authorized airport taxi and lastly had to provide the travel map to the workshop room, we don’t want them to get lost…hahah. But for real I learnt that in a professional world you have to take care of people you are inviting to an event when you are a host, care so much about them if they are happy so that the organization’s image is not tarnished hence protecting your reputation.

Stay blessed

Kebalepile Phuthego

14465444

1 comment:

Mr Keletso Ndiye Kakanje said...

wow, i have to say it was a great oppotunity to have you on the team, we had many ups and downs and we finally pulled a world class workshop. it might have been tiring but we did what we had learnt and acted so truely like real PR executives, wait we are PR executives from all we had learnt and experienced.