It's been a while since my last post and as this will probably be my last I'll catch everyone up on what I've been doing.
The official media launch was held at The Queens Hotel (THANKYOU) and involved a lot of hyping what this year's festival is going to be like. In the coming month or two there also be some events being held by the local bars as lead ups to festival day - which is a little bit over a month away!
So finally our full budget allocation has been approved by the local council and since I last typed away the website has pretty much been finished. I was asked to work on the web copy in relation to press snippets and I'm really proud of the work that I achieved - almost all of what I've written so far for my internship has been used! Seeing your work online or in print is definitely very rewarding and it'll make for one hell of a portfolio when I finish :)
The Arts Program is firmly locked in place and right now it's all about just making sure the small bits and pieces are sorted out asap. I still have one artist who I'm trying to secure a space for, but apart from that it's been all systems go. I've also had the chance to set up a meeting with Sacred Heart Primary School's arts coordinator Mim Ellis. Everyone is ultra excited to once again have this school on board as they were such darlings to work with last year and being able to take some of my ideas to them, have the kids love them is really gratifying.
I've still got another month on my internship. While it is very stressful at times I still feel really good about what we've managed to achieve so far and just can't wait to see everyone's reaction on the day. I feel really confident that I have contributed greatly to this years planning and design, as well as the main PR aspects of the festival.
I'm also still trying to finish my Final Report (it has been quite hard at times to know what to write) but I'm confident that I am finally on my way to getting it ship shape for handing in - which it will have to be anyways since it's due next Friday!
There's not much else to report really, we want to keep as much secret as possible till the day so that people have something to look forward to but in the meantime check out the website - play the pinball game and just nosy around. Get excited!
Kate Caine
1 comment:
Hi Kate,
Sounds like you're having a great experience with the Beaufort St Festival event. I carried out my work experience with a community based event too - so I know how challenging it can be to work with a small budget (but I believe that just keeps the brain creative!)
That's really great that you are invovled with so many different areas of the event and acquiring skilss in many facets of public relations. Being able to meet with supporting schools is also a great opportunity to put some of the public relations skills learnt in university, into real life situations so hope it all goes well for you :)
Good luck for the rest of your internship!
Hayley S
Post a Comment