Sunday, October 9, 2011

Change in assignments.

Hello PR393 bloggers.

I have noticed there is some kind of change in the tasks assigned to me.On the first day my main task was to update twitter and facebook. But of late my supervisor asks me to help update broadcasts that go out and also she asks I contribute something to the website.

I find it questionable but I think it is a good thing that am being given the opportunity to carry out more assignments, believe me updating twitter and facebook from 8am to 5pm kind of gets monotonous and boring.

Has anyone experienced this at their internship?

Till next time....

Laura kawesa
LUCT

3 comments:

Meagan said...

I think that’s so good that your supervisor has given you more responsibility! It means that she trusts your judgement more.
It was the same with my placement at the start I was just updating event sites, (which is very tedious as well) but once id been there for a few weeks I got more assigned to me. Especially since there were more events and things taking place.

I think once you can show your supervisor, that you can cope with that amount of responsibility you will get more and more things assigned which means more experience that you can take on to your next job.

Good luck with the rest of your internship!

AFRINE TUMU said...

yeah! Meagan is right about her trusting you...you know am doing internship with some other girl from a different university and my supervisor today told me that she likes the fact that i finish all the work she assigns me on time and am a fast learner... so when ever she calls me all the time when she needs help even when my co luge is free and busy she will say its k she wants me to do the work meaning she trusts me more than her...so its a good thing be thankful...

lady_lyah said...

same thing happend to me, i think its just that they are a bit unsure if you can produce good work.

towards the end of my intern i asked my employeer why i was not given proper work to begin with and she stated that she was afraid i was gonna mess up, and unlike assignments we cant afford to make mistakes in the workplace.