Wednesday, October 12, 2011

HWE Mining - A Different Side

HWE Mining - A Different Side

Working within the Communications Department for HWE Mining as been very exciting, I have a whole new out look on the aspects of Internal Communications in a Public Relations sense.

My jobs so far have been data work, newsletter writing, service awarde preparation, and assisting the communications team with any help they needed. My recent job, saw me help out at HWE Mining Family Fun Day. This year the Family Fun Day was at Perths Zoo and saw over 900 employees attend with their families. This was my first large scale event, and I got to see how this ran.

Luckily enough for Sara and the Comms team, Perth Zoo took care of all the organisation of events, and catering so there wasn't much to organise however, from an internal viewpoint we had to communicate this message to the all employees of HWE Mining in Western Australia.

This involved:



  • Information in the monthly newsletters and

  • Personalised invitations to all employees who work for the company, sent out to them and there partners.

Although they only used these two measures, they were effective as 900 employees turned up in which 1000 RSVP to the event. On Sunday morning I arrived early to the Zoo in which i helped put poster signs up guiding employees to our designated area, I also greeted families as they walked in and handed out merchandise to them and their families. I also assisted in checking of names. My purpose of being there was to ensure that everything was running in order and on time.

This was a great opportunity for myself to experience a large scale event and I will definitely be adding this to my resume and into my final report...

STEFAN - 14264120

1 comment:

shelbeylc said...

Hey Stefan,

How did you feel about being present at an event that large with so many important people around?

I know that when I helped out at the General Pants Co. event and met many executives from Sydney it was very daunting!

well done getting your last blogs done, and goodluck with the final report :)

Shelbey