Well, I have now finished my Internship and can say that I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and gained so much. I have been busily writing my report and must admit, I am glad to see that others are struggling with the Recommendations section. I found Linc Integrated very inspiring and innovative and learnt so much there that i cant imagine I could suggest anything they hadn't already thought of. It is an extremely forward thinking and progressive company, and I fear this section certainly won't be the longest in my report. I have some idea's though which I will articulate in my report.
On a non-report based note...I have just been offered a job! The senior PR consultant at Linc met with an ex-employer of hers who happened to be looking to replace her communications officer. I was recommended by the PR team at Linc. I have just met with two lovely ladies from a (rather large) Not-for-Profit organisation her in Perth who offered me a job as their communications officer. I am very pleased to be starting my career with this organisation and feel that the role will be challenging, interesting and lucrative.
This is a perfect example of networking at its best! And why it is always so important to put your best foot forward in everything that you do, as you never no what may lay around the corner.
Thanks PR 393. Its been real : )
2 comments:
Congratulations Amy, good to hear you have secured a job through your hard work at the job placement. Like yourself I'm currently working on the final report, very excited to complete my degree and start looking for a real career. All the best luck with your new job.
Hi Amy,
Don't worry I'm struggling with recommendations as well, its a bit daunting having to criticise an organisation I respect and love (even if it is constructive)and especially knowing that they will be reading them! However I am slowly getting there and I hope you've come up with a few things.
Congratulations on securing a job, you must be thrilled! It must have been such an amazing experience to know that everyone around you thinks so highly of you and the work that you have done. I hope that you enjoy your position.
I for one am a bit scared to enter the world, all my hard work has finally paid off, it doesn't seem real to be honest. I think once i have my graduation hat and gown on, it will finally hit me that I've made it, but for now I think I will hold off on the job hunting until I am offically out of uni.
Like you I have also made some amazing connections and have utilised my networking skills to their fullest like you have. You really need to make the most of every person and build a friendship with them so that if later on down the track you need them for a favour, they will defintiely help you out. I think people under estimate the power of networking and building friendships. It can really work to your advantage.
Your blog really shows that you need to make the best of every opportunity and to go hard or go home because you never know what might come your way.
Good luck for the future!
Jessica Dreier
14270952
Bentley Campus
Post a Comment