Sunday, February 12, 2012

My First Day in the Real World

I’ve recently started a new internship with The Pink Book Club, an organisation established to connect, support and assist women from all walks of life. In particular, the Pink Book Club raises money for various charities that support cancer research. This year The Pink Book Club has set a goal to raise over $10, 000 for the Cancer Council’s Relay for Life, and in order to do this, have set about organising a charity auction.

When I was first told about this internship I jumped at the opportunity and found it a little bit poignant seeing as I lost my grandmother to lung cancer in December last year. This has made me a little bit more determined and inspired than usual, and hell-bent on raising a good amount of money for the Relay for Life.

I was told in my first meeting to brainstorm some ideas on how to raise $10,000 for the Relay for Life. I think an event would be a great idea, where people can buy tickets and have a fancy meal and champagne and some entertainment for the evening? Perhaps a charity auction? Raffle tickets? What do you guys think? Bearing in mind I’ve only got 5 weeks lead time!

-Carmen.

No comments: