I’m in my last week of work experience but have been asked to stay on as a casual doing PR and Marketing! The company has gone through some huge changes since I started in terms of structure, branding and forming of partnerships. I don’t really know where to begin in terms of explaining all the different projects I’ve been helping with this last week. Instead I’ll write about a few of this week’s highlights!
The company I’m working for is sponsoring this year’s Perth Fashion Festival and are hosting the launch of the event in the Claremont showroom tonight. Aside from our organisation of catering and provision of venue, PFF’s PR team, Professional Public Relations, have done the majority of the planning. Even so, I was given the opportunity to write an article promoting the event which was published in last week’s Sunday Times Magazine and will be attending the event tonight to assist PPR in anything they need help with. It will be a great opportunity to not only network with the various media and the ‘A-listers’ of Perth, but it will also be an ideal opportunity to see how a real-life, PR-driven event is carried out. Below is the event invite which incorporates our brand Perl’eco and the event by PFF!

Last week I posted some of the key message for the brand and this week the Marketing manager has come over from Bali to implement these messages in the layout of the showroom and to initiate a range of projects to establish these key messages. It’s so exciting to see the planning that was only wording a few weeks ago transform into images, media coverage and physical changes!
The change in vision will be to promote the brand as being the source of the living gem. Atlas has a competitive advantage over other luxury pearl outlets in that we have complete control of the product from its natural formation in the ocean to its construction into jewellery and finally to the way in which it is sold as a final product. This story of the life of the pearl along with the inclusion of the way the process is benefiting local communities and the environment is the ideal PR story. This week has been all about ways in which we can put this story into practice. It’s so great working for a company that has not only a wonderful product but also has such a huge focus on Corporate Social Responsibility! Because of this there is such a huge potential for PR driven campaigns which are in the beginning stages of planning!
No comments:
Post a Comment