
Hi everyone,
So I officially finished my work experience last week but
have stayed on here working full time until uni goes back! I wrote a few weeks
ago about the Perth Fashion Festival that was due to take place!
This event was a huge success for Atlas as well as he PFF! I
was on my feet from 8am until midnight organising models, media, caterers ad
presenters but it was so worth it! The PFF girls were great to work with and
the whole night went smoothly.
Below is a link to some more info about the night:
http://www.perthfashionfestival.com.au/_blog/perthfashionfestival/post/THE_UNVEILLING_OF_THE_WA_FASHION_AWARDS_2011_MEDALLION/
A few things I learnt from the event were:
·
Time creeps up on you-when you think everything
is going smoothly and you completely organised, something will happen to throw
you off course! ( I had a few mad rushes to forget things that were forgotten!)
·
Don’t put high heels on until you absolutely
have to (5 minutes before guests arrive.)
·
Learn to multi task and be able to make small
talk whilst thinking of the millions of things you still have to do!
·
Be prepared for the carefully laid out plan to
change!
Above is a photo of he medallion all
West Australian Fashion Award winners will receive.
Since the event we have built on the relationship we have
with STM and were able to have a full page advertisement in last week’s issue.
For this ad I was asked to create the text in such a way that it aligns with
the new direction for the company. This meant referring back to the key messages
that had been discussed in previous meetings and written about in the Media
Strategy I created. In the end with the input of my managers I was able to
create the first of Atlas’ newly focussed media portrayals. It was highly
important that this was created in such a way that the intended messages were
portrayed correctly as it would pave the way for future ads and campaigns to
come.
Another one of my roles in the last week has been creating
and managing the Facebook page for the company! This has been such an enjoyable
task and in since Monday the page has received 220 likes! I have plenty of
ideas for the site in terms of aligning it with the desired messages, running
competitions, events ect but I am not entirely sure how best to keep the number
of ‘likes’ on the page growing so that there is a sufficient database to
implement all the ideas! If anyone has any ideas I’d love your help!
This is my fourth and possibly my final blog entry but I hope
everyone’s having a great time and best of luck!
http://www.perthfashionfestival.com.au/_blog/perthfashionfestival/post/THE_UNVEILLING_OF_THE_WA_FASHION_AWARDS_2011_MEDALLION/
A few things I learnt from the event were:
·
Time creeps up on you-when you think everything
is going smoothly and you completely organised, something will happen to throw
you off course! ( I had a few mad rushes to forget things that were forgotten!)
·
Don’t put high heels on until you absolutely
have to (5 minutes before guests arrive.)
·
Learn to multi task and be able to make small
talk whilst thinking of the millions of things you still have to do!
·
Be prepared for the carefully laid out plan to
change!
Above is a photo of he medallion all
West Australian Fashion Award winners will receive.
Since the event we have built on the relationship we have
with STM and were able to have a full page advertisement in last week’s issue.
For this ad I was asked to create the text in such a way that it aligns with
the new direction for the company. This meant referring back to the key messages
that had been discussed in previous meetings and written about in the Media
Strategy I created. In the end with the input of my managers I was able to
create the first of Atlas’ newly focussed media portrayals. It was highly
important that this was created in such a way that the intended messages were
portrayed correctly as it would pave the way for future ads and campaigns to
come.
Another one of my roles in the last week has been creating
and managing the Facebook page for the company! This has been such an enjoyable
task and in since Monday the page has received 220 likes! I have plenty of
ideas for the site in terms of aligning it with the desired messages, running
competitions, events ect but I am not entirely sure how best to keep the number
of ‘likes’ on the page growing so that there is a sufficient database to
implement all the ideas! If anyone has any ideas I’d love your help!
This is my fourth and possibly my final blog entry but I hope
everyone’s having a great time and best of luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment