Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lights, camera, action.

For the second time, hello everyone!

It's been awhile since the last post, busy with the Go Go Retro Roadshow, and now that it's over, I shall start on the happenings for the pre-event. Well, better late than never.

So the last time I mentioned about media releases and stuff like that. After putting news out that the event is on the 15th of April, we had to start doing publicity and get more stall holders to join in the event. One of my tasks was to get models for the promotional photo shoot, which will be showcasing some of the stall holders' items. I managed to get two professional models to do it but the changing of dates for the shoot sure wasn't making things easy for me. Finding a suitable time and location for both the model and the media photographer was already enough to keep me busy. Finally we managed to agree on a date that was good for both sides but last minute changes from the media side meant that I had to change the date of the shoot, yet again. Plus the fact that the model was sick at that time wasn't an ideal situation. Few days later, I got a call from my supervisor saying that we have to do the shoot the very next day. I called the model, and of course, it was too last minute and she couldn't commit. The next thing I could remember was my supervisor saying: "you'll go for it". Before I realized, I was at the studio doing the shoot. It turned out to be a really great experience but one thing I learnt, there's really no guarantee when working with people. Changes happen all the time in this industry and you just have to always make sure to have a back up plan. Like they always say: "what can go wrong, will go wrong".

And from there, we went into the event. Shall talk about it in the next post. Laters! x

Wee Ee

4 comments:

Keely said...

Wow- does this mean you had to step into the shoes of the model who could not make the photo shoot and do the modeling yourself!? That is a big compliment to you! And the fact that your supervisor said "you'll go for it" and essentially threw you in the deep end, says a lot about their trust and confidence in your ability. Sounds like you're getting amazing experience, learning to improvise on the go, and having a ball!

Helen Torre said...

Im really looking forward to hearing about how the event went! I feel as though the saying "what can go wrong, will go wrong", has also been surprisingly applicable to my current interning experiences in regards to event management. Best of luck with the rest of your internship, sounds like your having a blast!

ScottAngel said...

"What can go wrong, Will go wrong" are words none of us should forget in PR. Especially when you are planning events.

I've noticed the company I've been working for don't have a plan in place for when it does go wrong, we're working on changing that now...

Wee Ee said...

Hi Keely, yes indeed. I'm glad and honoured by the amount of trust my supervisor have in me. It sure was a great experience!

Hi Helen, the event went really well. I'll keep everyone updated on my next post! Hope you're having a great time with your placement as well! x

Yes ScottAngel, what can go wrong will go wrong. All the best with your placement! I'm sure the plan you're working on will turn out great!