Friday, April 27, 2012

True Love with Marriott Wedding Roadshow


Hi everyone! I am really excited to blog about this entry because I am going to blog about my most rewarding  working experience throughout my three months of internship in Miri Marriott Resort & Spa! I was actually given the chance to participate in the “True Love with Marriott Wedding Roadshow” event! It was my very first time in my entire life to be a part in planning and organizing such a huge and important event. This had got to be one of the most memorable days in my life! 

The event was held for two days from the 21st - 22nd of April. We had been planning and organizing this event from early March. I was put in charge of the publicity and marketing tasks for the event together with one of my colleagues, Amanda. I was responsible of several tasks such as calling all the exhibitors for the event to inform them about the details regarding the event, preparing certificates of appreciation for those who participated in the event, looking for souvenirs and medals for those who attended the event and took part in the games, sending emails to invite as many people as possible and to create awareness on the event, sending invitation to the press and VIPs to attend the launching of the event and planning and organizing activities for the wedding roadshow. I was also told to do some minor alterations on the floor plan layout of the event. Amanda and I brainstormed on ideas for the activities and games for the event. It was funny how we came up with plenty of tacky and boring games. Other than that, she also brought me along to hunt for medals and souvenirs. It was a difficult job to look for something with good quality and to stay in budget at the same time. We managed to find the perfect souvenirs  and medals in the end after hunting high and low. This proved that hard works do pay off eventually!

Undeniably, this event had really given me the opportunity to learn a lot of new things. Through this event, I found out how important it is to work closely as a team to ensure that everything will run smoothly in a particular time frame. On the actual days of the event, I was in charge of assisting my colleagues in welcoming the guests and helping with the registration. On the night of the launching, I was so excited to waiting for that moment because I know that my colleagues and I had put in all our efforts and time in making this event a success. It felt really great to be a part in this event and to contribute as much as I can. I felt really happy to see that the event turned out to be a huge success.           

Well, I will stop for now. I will post about something new again soon so stay tuned! ;)

No comments: