Everyone has mentioned their goodbyes and appreciation for the 20 most rewarding days of their university lives.
It's time for me to say my good bye too! Although next week marks the last week for my internship.
Where do you work?
On April 16th, I commenced my first day at work with HSBC, Brunei.
What are the challenges
- It was the location that worried me a lot. No where near my home, it's in the most center of the capital in Brunei and where traffic accumulates throughout lunch hour. I've made the decision to commute back and forth to my workplace once a week and rented a place there, normal commute time takes 1.30 hours. No, public transportation isn't the best choice here, visit and find out! :)
- Having to toggle between uni and work! Week 13 was so hectic, come home at 6pm and must to go to bed by 12am, where is the time for my final report? I know we were not supposed to leave it till the last, but it's over now what matters most :)
What have I gained during my internship
I've actually covered 23 media releases during my one month internship with HSBC! What a milestone. From a student who doubts if she's chosen the right course and struggles to give an answer for "Hey, what is PR about?" to a confident under-graduate student who can carry herself well in front of important executive officers from different organisations and does not shy away from contributing meaningful ideas!
What's so special about working with HSBC
The people that I work with, they are some of the most jolly personalities with great sense of " Russell Peters" kind of humour, if you get what I mean!
Do I see myself working in the company in near future?
Apparently, working in a bank is so much stressful than working in other white collar offices. Despite the other departments of the bank, I find the Marketing and Communications department's level of stress utterly fine for me. However, I would really like to try something new in event planning. Wish me luck in job hunting!
ALL THE BEST, till then...
Xx Jasmine
Concluded with a sense of achievement
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://http://printernship-reflections2.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections.
No comments:
Post a Comment