Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://http://printernship-reflections2.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Creating an online pressence for Period Panties!
This week in placement I was lucky enough to be invited out on a meeting with the boss. He briefed me that we were meeting an associate advertising agency to talk with one of their clients about building a website through Concept Marketing. The client is trying to launch online a fashionable line of Period Panties (yes very awkward topic with your male boss!)
I had noted that the client had not conducted a lot of research into their competitors and prices so I conducted some research of my own and developed a competitor analysis on two of the client’s online competitors. I looked at the website designs of the competitors and analysed how these had positive and negative affects on the brands. I discussed whether they were seen to be targeting the correct market through their images and textual content. I then researched into the online prices they were offering as well as the range and fashionable characteristics of the underwear in comparison to that of the client we had met with.
This was really interesting, being able to see the different approaches people go for when looking at their online presence; I’m looking forward to see what the clients think of some of their competitors strategies and how they decide to develop their website to make them unique and different.
Thanks for reading
Emeline
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment