Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Feeling Lucky


Hello everyone!

After my last blog, I have decided not to write about my 2nd week experience due to the "non learning" activities I did during the week. I pretty much just had to write e-mails that had been pre-written by my supervisor and sending it to clients, wrapping some more chocolates into plastic bags for Easter, writing some welcome cards for guests of Global Hotel Alliance members, putting up posters around the hotels, and so on. Things you do not really want to know about.

Anyhow, the third week of my work experience, which started on April 4, 2012, was getting more interesting!
This was the time when I also learned that my supervisor is super creative and a tech-savvy!
She showed me how to use Adobe Acrobat to edit and write documents. What surprised me was that she actually memorized all the keyboard shortcuts which made me feel like a "noob" and I felt like I needed to learn more about using the program. She also showed me how to edit pictures and posters using Photoshop and let me tell you what an expert she is! I got motivated by her and I have got to tell you she has amazing work ethics. Organized, hands on, punctual, hard working, brilliant, creative; I have a lot to learn from her.

After showing me what she usually does with those programs, she finally trusted me to do some editings on promotion pictures and posters that would be put up on social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter, and I had a lot of fun doing and learning to become more of an expert at the same time! By the end of the week, she asked me to read Mirvac Hotels & Resorts' "Marketing Activities Report" to let me learn more about what the company does to bring in more revenue. I found it very interesting.

I am loving my internship so far and I feel so lucky to have such a truly inspiring boss.

Will let you know more on my next blog ;)



2 comments:

Winky Virginia Yu said...

I love your day!! I love doing all those little thing like writing gift card and wrapping the chocolate haaha!!
Anyway, what you experienced today it happened on me during my placement!!
Especially my manager remember all the shortcut as well! And she did teach me some computer technique..(I was thinking to take a computer skill course after that day..was a little bit stress comparing to other colleague haaha..)

Melissa Edwards said...

How great that you are learning so much from your supervisor! Photoshop is such a good skill to have as a PR professional, since working I've realised how valuable skills in programs like Photoshop and Indesign are for PR and communications roles.

I would take in as much as I could for the next few weeks as that knowledge will definitely come in handy in the future!