Hello everyone,
By this week I will be successfully completing my 20days of work placement for the Public Relations 393 practice and I have awaited this day since the day 1 of the placement. At the beginning of the semester I still thought that 20days would be something long and difficult for me as I had not much working experience but it turned out the opposite as I go on. I still remembered the times when I was struggling to get a work placement badly and now I am finally completing it. Also I have decided that I will be staying in The Colosoul Group Inc. for a longer period as I want to deal more with the current client which I am working with. (Transit Clothing) I just thought that the experience that I will get from this client is beneficial for me in future. Therefore I will be staying in Colosoul even after the 20days of placement probably until my student visa expires. =D I never thought of this day before as I only thought of finishing the 20days and leave ASAP. However things has change as a student in the final semester, I have started thinking of the career path that I want throughout the 20days work placement and I am happy to stay for a longer period since I already have the opportunity now before getting out to the society again.
In the 20days, I have learned many things throughout my first job in the not-for-profit sector. I learned that it is so crucial when it comes to money in almost everything that we do and produce in the organisation. Every plans and work that I do has to be cost effective, therefore I have then noticed how important social media is when it comes to cost effective. Now in my brain whenever I think of cost effective, the first thing that comes to my mind is social media. Throughout my work placement, I have helped set up a facebook page for the department I am working on and also gave thoughts of helping clients updating their face book business page. Not only about social media, but even when our office needed new stuff like laptops, scanners, stationary etc, I was told to list down a list of things needed in a letter to be sent to sponsors.
Colosoul Group Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation which aims to enhance the experiences of young people and brings the community to get involved and connected. I work in a not-for-profit organisation runs by volunteers and I feel proud being one of them that the organisation produces professional standards of work under the mentorship of only a few people.
Lastly, at my final week of work placement, I had more less jobs to do as my supervisor went to Paris for a week and the things that I do is just regular office works, sending emails, keeping contact with clients, following up clients work and their satisfactory, getting past jobs done before due date and communicating with other volunteers to liaise ongoing projects. My time in Colosoul has always been a meaningful one and the experience that I gained was valueble. Therefore I will be continuing to work for Colosoul after the 20days placement to gain even more experience in the real life world.
Thank you for reading folks. Hope you guys have a good time in your work placement and good luck for your future career ahead!
Tony Ong
15066770
Film and Television & Public Relations
No comments:
Post a Comment