I
knew that everything had an end. I think that’s why I didn't overreact. Don’t get me
wrong, I was sad to leave my mentor, the senior employees, and especially my
sweet desk. But looking back, I realized that I have learnt everything that I
needed to learn.
Attention
to detail. That was what taught to me through Media Monitoring. But not just
that. I have also learnt patience and openness. Openness to people especially,
is crucial to the job. But on the other end of the spectrum, there is also a
need for attention.
During
my time in Martha Tilaar, I have realized that PR is very close to Marketing. I
know that this is a little cliché, but clichés happen because they are true. Of
course in saying that you can certainly still tell the difference, but there
are some grey areas about some of the work that PR and Marketing does.
But
human interaction is crucial in PR. During my time working on the Grand Opening
of MTSDS Medan, I have realized that every human interaction through the phone
is essential. I hate to admit it, but there were a few times during that GO of
MTSDS in Medan preparation where I wanted to snap at the person on the other
line. There was once where I actually did, and Dian got so angry. Dian said
that this is part of the job.
During
my last week in Martha Tilaar, not a lot of events happened, just continuous
dailies until the last day. To thank Dian and Miss Erli for their guidance,
support, and knowledge, I gave them both something to remember me by. They told
me to come visit them soon. And I promised them I will.
Pramudia Freddy Gurning
LUCT Campus
3 comments:
As much as I hate to admit it I am so excited to complete my internship and my studies. When its time to go its time go and I really feel that I was able to receive what I was meant to receive through my internship. I think i discovered more shortcomings and weaknesses than strengths but all lead me to realise one thing. I am not as cut out for this job as i thought i was. I am not a strong writer at all, as you may have noticed my i and e are often in the wrong place and it doesnt bother me to forget apostrophises or even capitalising my I's...
Hey Freddy, you are so right human interaction is vital in PR. It is so important to learn how to interact with people because in the PR career we communicate with all kinds of people and sometimes they can make you so angry but its always important to control your feelings and be calm at all times. I guess yo have now learned to deal with that during internship which is one of the important reasons for placement so we can learn how to act in the corporate world.
Hey Freddy, you are so right human interaction is vital in PR. It is so important to learn how to interact with people because in the PR career we communicate with all kinds of people and sometimes they can make you so angry but its always important to control your feelings and be calm at all times. I guess yo have now learned to deal with that during internship which is one of the important reasons for placement so we can learn how to act in the corporate world.
Post a Comment