Sunday, May 20, 2012

Last week of internship

Boikanyo Dudu William
LUCT Campus

Hello everyone, its been a while hey. I am back again to share with you my last week's experiences.

During my last week at the ministry's public relations office I continued to do media monitoring, attending to the toll free telephone line and other PR tasks  learning more and more about the industry. My supervisor went on leave for the whole week and I was given the responsibility to work with the Principal Public Relations Officer and handling most of my supervisor's work. This meant a lot to me because it proved that the public relations team believed in me as they trusted me as I was in charge of the other office. I was very proud of my self because all my hard work paid for this responsibility showed that i am ready for the work industry.

When I encountered problems during my supervisor's absence I could always go to the principal public relations officer for assistance and he was always happy to help me in anyway possible. I am truly grateful to the  PR team at the ministry for they had given me the opportunity to do my internship at their office when it seemed like I would never get a great placement.

"PR is all about building relationships to advance, promote, and benefit the reputation of you yourself, your department and institution". My time at the ministry has made me aware that great public relations is essential for the success of an organisation. I believe that the ministry has one of the best public relations because it has a good image.   

In conclusion all the tasks I was given throughout my placement have helped me and prepared me for the work industry and I believe that the knowledge I acquired will forever be of great importance  to me personally and in my career. Before my internship i was not keen on the idea of taking up PR as a career path but after my experience at the ministry i have grown to love PR and i would love to work as a PR officer specially in a great organisation like the ministry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings, Boikanyo.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that your supervisor has given you enough trust to work on your own. Believe me, I know how good it feels.

I believe that the trend is that at the end of an internship program, there's always a chance given to us to 'take off the training wheels'. To take the reins and produce something we can call our own. This should give us the confidence to take the future world by the throat and get ahead in terms of job experience.

I hope all will be well with you in your future pursuit to take PR as a profession.


Regards,
Freddy Gurning