Name: Cecilia Yii Siew Chen
Curtin Miri Sarawak Campus
Hi all,
This is my first post on my working experience in Imperial Hotel Miri. I am currently working part time in Sales and PR Department. On my first day, the HR executive brief me on the hotel policy, the do's and don'ts in the hotel. After that, she brought me to visit around the hotel and introduced me to colleagues from various department. It took around thirty minutes and was then brought to the Sales and PR department to report for work. I was quite nervous at first as I was not very familiar with the environment and the people there but to my surprise I was welcomed warmly by my colleagues. There were six person in my department and one of them was my previous tuition mates whom I've known since I was in Secondary school. I was thrilled and never expect to have meet someone that I know who would be working with me throughout my internship.
During my lunchtime, I was treated to the hotel restaurant as a welcoming gathering by my colleagues. I was told that in the coming future they will be lots of chances to dine in the hotel restaurant as we, from the Sales and PR department would need to try out every month new promotion items. As it is my first day, there was nothing much work that I had been assigned to. Just basic knowledge on the services that the hotel is providing and the rates of the rooms and hall rental.
Till here then. Would update with you all very soon! Have a pleasant day!
No comments:
Post a Comment