Northway Christian Centre is in a great place at the moment! My placement is almost over as you read this, but the PR and Communications work you have been reading about still continues! It is a very bright and wonderful day for Northway to be standing on. This is why I chose 'Newfound Glory' as the title for this post. What do you think?
In the last couple of weeks at Northway I have been working extremely hard with the web site company that is designing the framework for our new website. It has been gruelling, challenging and most importantly, the hard part is almost over! All that's left now is the text to be filled in by myself and we should have a fairly healthy basis to critique before it hits the world wide web! I am so excited. Words can't describe my emotions towards this project of mine!
I have so much more respect for uni now that I have almost completed my placement. This placement has made me reflect upon EVERYTHING that Curtin has taught me over the years I have spent with 'her'. Curtin has given me a wonderful foundation in which to start from, but most importantly, a foundation to which I can grow from. This placement has also taught me things such as client deadlines, time management, an increased professionalism, ethics, relevant corporate identities and lastly, an ascertain to my passion for public relations and all that is encompasses. I have enjoyed this role so much that I am negotiating with my Senior Pastor to employ me both as the Youth Pastor and Public Relations Officer at Northway (someone else would need to help me with the youth work).
Lastly, I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through my posts. I hope they have been helpful and insightful as many of your's have been. I also wish everyone the best of luck as we all finish our final reports on our organisations in which we have completed our placements.
Before I finish this post, I'll just leave this here. It was super simple and easy, but I think it fits it's purpose quite well (I took my Youth Group (Infusion Youth), to a youth conference a couple of weeks ago. I designed this card for each teenager in case of an emergency where they lost the 'group' and needed to contact us). Let me know what you think!
Kind regards,
Thor Williams
13971186
Curtin Bentley

No comments:
Post a Comment