Monday - Wednesday (21/05/2012 - 23/05/2012)
During the past three days, it has been the same. Print monitoring after print monitoring. I may have lost count of how many articles I have taken into the database. Some may think it is a boring affair reading all these newspapers but I find it all enlightening. Many sorts of news about Curtin flash out in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Iban. I read Curtin news printed in many angles and positions. Even as Curtin Sarawak have their own brand positioning, it may at times differ from what is being printed, especially when the campus is casually mentioned. Good news, so far I read no negative impressions on the campus for this month.
There are several back issues pass on to me to archive and I do so happily. So far, I clipped 34 news clippings for the past three days. When I back track, I may have forgotten to photocopy one of them. (The photocopies are for my own use in my report for PR393) Either way, the solid number of news clippings I have now are 78.
Reflecting back during the past three days, I have learn that it is important to keep tabs of casual mentions of the company you are working in. Regardless of the positioning the company puts out, casual mentions or indirect advertising is a whole different manner to attend to.
End blog Report of half of week 3.
1 comment:
I agree with you Eugene i can relate to what you are saying because i had to do media monitoring everyday of my placement. This is vital in PR because that way a company can see how they are been reported in the media and then see what action to take that leads to successful PR.
Post a Comment