Thursday, May 24, 2012

WRITING A QUESTIONNAIRE


I  am  doing  my  internship  in  Limkokwing  University.  I  am  working  in  International  Student  Activity  Center.The  role  of  the  department  is  to  manage sports   teams,  to  organize  sports  events ,  recreational  and  cultural  activities. The  department  operate  independently  from  the   department  of  communication  which  is  more  focused  on  the  image  of  the  university.
During  my  first  week  in  Limkokwing  I  was  given  an  assignment  to   write  a  questionnaire,  distribute  it  and  analyze  the  results.
The  first  thing  I  did  was  to   draft  some   objectives  and  what  I  wanted  the  questionnaire  to  achieve. The  main  objective  of  the  questionnaire  was   to   find  out  why  students  were  not  interested  in  joining  Limkokwing  sports  clubs.
After   identifying   my  objective   I  went  to  talk    to  Derek  Kekaan  who  is  the  manager  of  the  football  team.The  reason   why  I  talked   to  Derek  was   because  I  wanted   to  get  an  idea  why  students  were  not  interested  in  joining   sports  teams  and  some  of  challenges  they  face  when  they  try  to  recruit  students.
During  my  interview  with  Derek  I  learned  that  the  main  problem  was  lack  of  finance   and  poor   facilities. After  talking  to  Derek  I   visited  some    of  the  on-campus   facilities  to  check   their  conditions.
After  gathering  all  the  information  now  I  was  ready  to  write  the questionnaire.I  decided  to    use  both  open  ended and  closed  ended  questions. After  writing  the  questionnaire  I  distributed  50   copies  at  the  library. I  want  to  thank  all  the  students  who  cooperated  and  understood  the  importance  of   working  with  me.
Questionnaires  are very  important  because  they  can  help  the  organization  to  identify  why   their  target   audience  is  not  reacting  positively  to  its  messages.
A  questionnaire  can  also   be  use   to  analyze  the   behavior  and  attitudes  of  the  target  audience

No comments: