Hello Friends ...
Now that I have completed two months of internship, I figure it’s
time for me to reflect on my placement as a whole and emphasis on how this
experience has influenced my future and how my courses at university have been of a great aid for me.
Where did I do my internship?
For the last two months, I have been working at Odysseus Public Relations agency.
What daily challenges I had to face?
· Initially, the
location of the agency worried me considerably. Every day, I had to wake up at
4.30am, leave home at 6am to reach the office at 9am after taking 3 different
buses and walking for about 30 minutes.
· Having to cope with
courses, assignments and work all together have been really challenging. The
past two months have been hectic, especially when reaching home at 7pm daily and
having to deal with assignments and allocated office responsibilities.
What did I gain from this internship and what is my
overall feeling?
During my internship, I have been covering various
activities namely drafting a media release, conducting researches for a
website, writing for a website, rewriting the whole background/mission/vision
etc.. of the agency, creating a guest list for an event, inviting the guests,
confirming logistics for an event, registration during the event, assisting
conferences and so on.
This experience has affected me in ways I did not
foresee. As with most experiences in life, things
do not usually go as planned but eventually end up leaving you with something
good and worth-while (and often better than what you had anticipated).
At first, I was
slightly apprehensive about this placement but over two months it turned into a
wonderful and unique experience which has opened my eyes to new opportunities
and positively changed my ambitions for the future. It has brought much more confidence in me, in the sense that
it changed me from being the one who used to shy away, to the one who towards
the end of her internship did not hesitate to contribute meaningful and
innovative ideas to her director.
My three years at CTI taught me how to rely on myself to find
quality solutions to seemingly hopeless assignments or situations without losing
confidence in myself. And this placement has significantly contributed towards
revealing how valuable my B.A Mass Communication degree has been for both my
personal and personal and professional development.
I wish ALL THE BEST for each one of you who is planning to start an internship right now or in the near future…
And hope you would take the best out of every single moment, Just like I did! …
And hope you would take the best out of every single moment, Just like I did! …


3 comments:
Hi Yashni,
I'm glad that you have enjoyed your internship at Odysseus. I see that you have worked a lot during these 2 months; especially for Le Salon de la Com. It must have been very interesting being able to get so involved, you are very lucky.
Good luck!
Kelly
Hey Yashni,
You have quite a commute to go to work & i complain about my half an hour bus ride.
Would you agree with me when i say that this module is by far the most interesting in terms of insight in the communication industry?
I am glad you enjoyed your time at Odysseus.
Regards,
Kevin
Hi Yashni,
your internship at Odysseus seemed interesting. I have undergone the same travelling problem but in the end I have really enjoy my intership.
Wish you good luck ahead Miss Yashni.
Kind Regards
Meem
Post a Comment