Day by day
So what exactly has been keeping me so busy lately?
Well, I was tasked to approach our local general hospital and establish contact with them to organize a charity event for the month of December 2012. In contacting them I was directed to thier Public Relations officer representative, who quickly spoke about donors and blood drives. It was a long conversation which ended with me providing blood for them. This was the very first time I had given blood away or even thought of participating in a blood donation. However since I was about to run my own blood donation event I might as well give it a try.
Around 30 minutes later, a pine of blood was produce and I am left drained. Having blood taken from you can be a very odd experience, which leaves you feeling either exhausted or refresehed (as I was told by my manager). I personally felt exhausted, and actually wondered who has gone to the extent of giving thier sweat and blood for thier internship.
The one other thing I wondered about was my blood type,
having never tested my blood before I was curious to find out what I was made
of. According to the nurse I was a AB positive type, which was not as rare or
as common as other types of blood.
Having understood, I was more determined to make the blood donation
in December a great success for both the company I was representing and also to
save lives.
Overall the entire experience was very unique and I felt as
though I made a difference in someone’s world that day. In my next post I shall
talk about the planning and venue selection for the event.
2 comments:
This post opened up my eyes! It made me want to donate my blood but it also scared me a bit to see the pictures and the fact that you felt so exhausted after donating. However, when discussing the PR of this blog post, it is very valuable to do as you did, to really engage in the up-coming event and show your support to blood donation. It is such an important issue to address and hopefully after launching the event, more blood donors will come forward. Interesting as well that they can only really keep it for 1 month - as they say, you learn something new every day! All the best, Karolina
Hey Karolina
Thanks for reading my post and your right.
You definitely learn something new everyday, I was pretty surprised myself at the fact that the one thing we all have in common as humans clearly redefines how uniquely different we are as individuals, yet we all share the same red liquid that keeps us alive.
It's also hard to imagine that once your blood is donated, its very existence (no matter how short) can prove to make a difference in someone's life regardless.
Post a Comment