Sunday, October 7, 2012

Internship Week One

Hello everyone,

My first week of internship was awesome. I did a lot of reading, researching and as we all know everyone starts from media monitoring. Many organizations use the "PRNewswire" to disseminate their press releases and this is a useful tools to track the figures other than the manual monitoring of print. I was assigned to assist in two accounts and lucky for me the two account's technical terms were much easier than the rest and can be related to our daily technology needs.

I have always wanted to try B2B public relations as i feel the challenge to appeal to big organizations are much tough as compared to end-users and in the technology industry, everyday there are new innovations and devices to keep up with.

I was happy to be given a chance to follow-up with the media and when the publication agrees to publish the article, i felt a sense of satisfaction! But there were also rejections which taught me to improve the way i present myself and my knowledge of the product. Like they say, you only learn better through the hard way.

So my first week was a really fulfilling as i did not expect to be given a chance to do 'real work'.

Regards,
Yi Jing
14673991

No comments: