Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://http://printernship-reflections2.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections.
Sunday, October 14, 2012
the power of deadline
It just couple days before the retreat actually commences. I am really
tired but I am glad that everything finished before the deadline. All the
committees work really hard for this especially the event manager of this
retreat. This event is really important for the organization because this is a
big annual event that gives the opportunity to expand even bigger in the
Indonesian catholic community. Besides being in charge of the schedule and
event, I was given the duty to design the guidebook which I like to do.
However, as my old laptop just broke, and I had changed into an apple computer,
I had a hard time adjusting the programs that I use so I used a basic Microsoft
word, which is terribly hard. There is a lot of thing that I learnt because of
the preparation of this retreat. Never ever wait until the deadline, I waited
the deadline until I started working a week before the retreat started. It was
not a good idea. Because the unexpected things may happen and if we delay until
the end, we would not have to time to solve the unexpected. I also learnt that
as a public relations that organize an event we have to be strict with the time
management and planning, because the first meeting was not going so well
because the planning was off and no one was doing any research whatsoever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment