Saturday, October 6, 2012

My first blogging initiative project.



Hello everyone, 

This is my second post regarding my internship in Watermelon Communications. In this post, I shall first talk about my experience and thoughts from the involvement of my first blogging initiative project.



After a few successful projects done for Royal Brunei Airlines, Watermelon Communication had established a healthy and positive business relationship with the client. Once again, we managed to clinch another blogging initiative project with Royal Brunei Airlines AND I AM ABLE TO MANAGE THIS ACCOUNT WITH MY SUPERVISOR!! SO HAPPY!! Royal Brunei Airlines took part in the Travel Carnival Fair, which was held at Singapore Expo a month ago to promote 4 new travel package. The blogging initiative requires us target 10 relevant and influential bloggers to blog about this travel carnival fair.

As we all know, social media is integrating in our life right now. Technology had made Internet so accessible. I reflected that, although in Curtin, we will include the use of social media (FaceBook, Blog, Twitter and Instagram) in our report. But I had never the opportunity to get involved in a blogging initiative.

6 out of 10 bloggers we first targeted agreed to work with us to do a blog post about the travel. Some bloggers agreed to work with us, but pulled out from the initiative 2 days before the projects. * Finding backup blogger within such a short period of time is so challenging! *

In this blogging initiative project, I was involved from selecting the bloggers, to contacting the bloggers, to liaising with the bloggers (Sending press release and other relevant materials & calling bloggers), monitoring their blog daily and doing corporate premiums personally to them.

Although there are some hiccups through the project, but the experience gained was priceless. Bloggers are like journalists working for newspaper publications, they are not to be treated lightly. A story angle has to be pitch to interest them. The communication channel use should not only be email, calls have to be made.

For this blogging initiative, bloggers are entitled corporate premiums as a token of appreciation. Watermelon Communications always deliver corporate premiums personally to the bloggers and media. Delivering personally reflects on the sincerity and appreciation of their quality work. It paths the way to establish a healthy relationship with bloggers. Networking and relationship management is beneficial to the consultancy

Blogging can be a very effective tool to create awareness and exposure. Bloggers with high traffic attracts many readers to their blog daily. These readers are interested in the products the bloggers review, the event they advertise for and even the blogger’s daily lifestyle. In this initiative, Royal Brunei Airlines have an extensive coverage online for their travel packages. Not only on the blogging platform, but also in Facebook and Twitter.  Through media monitoring, I monitored that a few overseas twitter accounts tweeted about Royal Brunei Airlines travel Carnival even though we did not contact them. This is the power blogging has.

I believe I have a lot more to learn in Watermelon Communications and I look forward to it.

SONG XINYING
15646570
CURTIN SINGAPORE

No comments: