Hey Folks,
This is my final Blog post summing up my experiences and thoughts about PR in Mauritius.
Livecomm is a new company and i started there about a month into the start of the Company. As such, it was an enriching experience: i got to witness the beginnings of a company, its challenges and joys.
The people were great and my participation was valued way beyond what i expected.
A lot of what we have learnt in class especially press clippings, press releases and the different communication tools available was pretty valuable even when having to translate texts in French.
The most interesting experience was client meetings: we did do a simulation in PR300 but when it comes to the real deal, it is a very different ballpark. The two fairs i attended as networking opportunities were interesting in giving me more confidence in that respect.
There is still a lot of PR i have not done because let's face it, PR/Communication is so diverse, i cannot possibly have covered a lot in 20 working days.
I have learned a lot in those 2 months and am very grateful for the support and trust from the team at Livecomm solutions.
Kevin Tin.
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://http://printernship-reflections2.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
PR393: Bridge between classroom & workplace
Labels:
consultancy,
CTI,
Kevin Tin,
LiveComm solutions,
Mauritius
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Kevin,
Yes sooo true, 20 days are not enough to put into practice all we have learn and to perform all PR activities.
I think that like you said, as it was a new company who is still developing itself; I think it should have been very beneficial to experience this...
Regards,
Natacha
Hello Kevin,
I do agree that the bridge between classroom and workplace is immense and it is just when we enter the real life that we realised how far we were from reality.
However, we have been prepared to some extend and somehow it reassure us that we are not soo ignorant
Cheers
cecilia
Hi Kevin,
I totally agree with your post as it is a fact that the Public Relations is a field which requires extended knowledge.
I am happy to see that I am not the only one who has been so enthusiastic at the idea of being attributed trust and credits. I also had the opportunity to assist to client meetings and it is true that the experience is very much appreciable and rich. Being on the other side gives mixed feeling of fear and satisfation but at the end of the day as you said we have been trained for this and it indeed contributes largely to the skills we have obtained to date. We still have a lot to learn for sure but I believe that the internship gave great opportunities.
Glad to see that you enjoyed it as much as me.
Regards,
Karen.
Post a Comment