Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The day has arrived!!!

The stress has filled the room. We started to prepare all the brochures that have to be handed out to all the attendees. Then we went to the hall to set up the bursary awards, reception table and the table for the awards. 

My job was to make sure the food is ready and the reception was assigned with a staff to take the attendance of the award recipients. I also needed to assign a person to make sure the flow of the event was monitored. I then went to label all the seats with the attendees names.

I then went to welcome the press and brought them to their assigned seats. I then went to play some light music and instructed the media where to fix their cameras and then I went to check on the attendees.

Once the attendees arrived, I made sure that all of them sat in their seats and I debriefed them of the sequence of the event. My Supervisor then received the Special guest and came up with the rest of the board members. The event started on time and everything went as per plan.

After the event, everyone went down for food. The event was a success and my supervisor commended me on my input and the success of the event. I am so happy!!      


  

No comments: