Thursday, October 11, 2012

The end of a journey ... Last Post Finale

Greetings all,

My internship comes to an end and I was just starting to enjoy it... All good things come to an end. This work placement has helped me to grow as a person in the professional sphere and has been an amazing experience. Learning from books about public relations is one thing, experiencing brings it on to a whole new level. 

The fashion photography world in Mauritius is incredibly amazing, behind which lies lots of work and from a public relations perspective I have learnt :

1. How to behave in a professional manner at the work place.
2. Long term business relationships are hard to forge, therefore requires trust, respecting 
    deadlines,professionalism and hard  
    work.
3. The concept of " Le client est roi " is absolute, as a company you have to abide by the clients wishes
    even if you do not agree with his tactics. One has to respect the work of the other.
4. One should always verify that the tasks at hand corresponds to the company's vision and mission.
5. Everyone should be prepared in case of crisis, or if a simple issue arises, one should know how to
    handle the situation in a diplomatic manner, and act like a proper spokesperson.

I had my ups and downs during my internship, but the people which whom I worked were very kind and helped me in times of need to adapt to this new environment. I had a great time visiting numerous location sites in Mauritius, including five-star hotels.

Competition is very fierce in the fashion photography, and with the new amateur photography services that are killing the market, professional photographers are having a hard time finding regular clients especially in this new economy. I was able to use public relations to devise strategies to boost the brand image of the company and remind the target market why professional services are preferred to amateur services.

I will surely miss all the excitement of going on photo shoots, it is a glamorous world and the life style that I want to live in a near future. I am completing my report now and wish all the PR students all the best. It is my last class for Public Relations, one of my favorite modules.

Until then, goodbye and good luck....

No comments: