Hey
everyone! My name is Ricky, don’t be doubt, I’m a girl! This November, I just
complete my third year first semester, next year would be my last semester,
really look forward for it! During this holiday, I had decided to conduct
my internship. Currently, I am interning at Sales and Marketing Department in
BCB Berhad, which is one of the listing company in which consist of property development
and hotel. Due to the company do not have PR department, so I had assigned in
the sales and marketing department but doing PR works. Also, this company is
located in my hometown, kluang, Johor. Therefore, it is very convenience for me
to conduct my internship.
Today,
it will be the 11th days for me as an intern in this company. To be
honest, I feel so stress when I start to work. But, I willing to learn and I
try my best to finish all my tasks given by my supervisor even I do the job
which is super slowly. Also, I will ask my colleagues when I facing problem and
met some document I cannot be understand. Luckily, they are willing to help me
even I had so many question and they would like to help me.
So
far, for the past 10 day, one of my colleagues, Cik Yatie, she brought me
around the office and introduced me to all the colleagues. Other than that, my
works for this past 10 days have included writing memo, checklist, proposal,
media clippings, handle the customers’ complaint problem regarding the property
and also to monitoring. This is my first time to handle this kind of problem,
which is a great experience for me!
There
will be more about my internship and I will be sharing it soon!
Ricky Tan
15109251
Curtin Sarawak Campus
Ricky Tan
15109251
Curtin Sarawak Campus
4 comments:
Hey :)
I'm interning in Bangkok at JW Marriott hotel also under the Sales and Marketing department as the PR department is very small. I work under the Director of Marketing and my Public Relations Manager. This is interesting as I get to see the difference between both jobs and help out with each one. I'm in my 6th week and am loving this so much! I get to do media monitering, drafting press releases and attending media events. I've yet to do any proposals yet but hopefully soon. I hope you're enjoying yourself! :)Look forward to reading more!
Christy.
Hello Ricky,
The company that I am currently working in do not have a PR department as well, I am also placed under Sales and Marketing Department. I realised that most of the company in Malaysia doesn't have a proper PR department, or some of the PR practitioners are actually working under Marketing department.
However, I also noticed that even though they do not have PR department, there are some PR works exist in the company. Most of the PR works are qutie similar to the previous unit that we had learned- PR technique 220, such as media releases, newsletter, brochure, flyers and so on. I bet you realised that as well right?
Anyway, wish you enjoy you internship and have a great day ahead =)
Koh Li Shi, Liz
Hi Ricky!
I wonder why most of us are interning in property company this time. Haha! But sure it will be a great experience for us to learn new things. Same here, my company do not have a PR department as well and I have been placed in the Marketing & Leasing Department. It's truth which the PR techniques 220 and PR media 250 we learned in school is quite useful. Interesting!
Hope you are enjoying your PR life and I'm looking forward to know more about it.
Post a Comment