Before going into the details of my job
scope, this is a picture of my office. My desk is the one in the green and pink
legs. It is covered with magazines which are for me to make reference to how an
article is written for our products. The boss is going for his holiday so he
sent me a list of to do things in the email.
My first task was to organize an annual
company dinner, to gather the staffs in the office and the selling ground. In
total there are 13 staffs, it may not seem like a big number but there are
still obstacles in organizing the night. First, the dinner date is so close to
Christmas and everywhere seems to be fully book. Second, the company has a
multi-racial staffs so it is important to respect each and every individual and
we opt for a halal restaurant. In the end, we settle for Middle Eastern Cuisine
and a nearby bar after dinner for a drink.
The boss requested some interaction
activities and further more Christmas is nearing, it’s definitely gift exchange
for the night! To ensure that the night runs smoothly, I have to send an email
with clear instruction what time to close and the place and what we are going
to do for the night, to notify everyone even those that are off on that day.
After planning, the boss brought me along
to see Joe from Menshealth magazine, finally meeting people out of the office.
Got to know more about how the magazine industry works and he even asked me to
write a press release and hand over to him directly. Even though he is not from the editorial side,
building relationship with him, will help us by putting good words to the
editor.
The whole week I have to create a media contact list, do up press release for all the new watches. Shall post up about press release on my next post.

1 comment:
Another very insightful post there, Jieting. Glad to see you are doing well.
Yes I know how tedious it is to coordinate an event even of a scale of 10 odd people. Honestly, if anything it just make things more difficult. I had similar experience planning for a company dinner for 15 employees when I was doing my polytechnic internship, and because the amount of attendees were so small it was so difficult to come to a unanimous decision because people are less willing to compromise. I can't remember how many times I heard 'Hey I can't make it on that day, can you ask the rest if they can change?'.
I would say it is nevertheless a good experience, you would realise managing internal stakeholders is no way easier than managing the external ones, like I did then.
I'm glad you managed to pull it off though, good for you!
And, good luck on your media list creation, I am glad I don't have to do one here.
Good luck and hang in there alright?
Post a Comment