Hi guys, this is going to be my last post here. I want to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow Chinese PR practitioners Happy Chinese New Year! May your year be filled with luck and prosperity!
As promised, I will share a few corporate social responsibility (CSR) events that has been going on in my association, Curtin Sarawak. As a one of the top notch education institution, Curtin Sarawak has been implementing quite a number of CSR projects which bring benefits to its stakeholders and to maintain its long term sustainability.
I believe everyone here is familiar with media and press monitoring. I did the same during my internship too. Remember the amount of newspaper I read everyday? Through my whole internship, I have stacked up three piles of newspapers of my height! Instead of throwing them away, the newspapers will be tied up and sold to the recycle center. Not only that, the money gain from the newspaper recycling will be donated to Red Crescent Society monthly. Isn't it great? By doing so, not only that we can sustain the environment but also we give monetary aids to those in need.
If you think this is it, you are wrong. During the last day of my internship, I have attended Curtin Appreciation Night. The purpose of the event is to show appreciation to local high schools' in supporting in Curtin Sarawak's education welfare. From the presentation of our pr and marketing executive, Ms. Chen, she stated that Curtin has been organising motivational and career talks in local high schools to give students motivation in study and life annually. Besides, activities such as talks about sustainable development, health awareness campaigns and science exhibitions are also conducted for the local high schools students. All the activities conducted are aimed to advocate and promote in youth development.
Other than that, on last Sunday, Curtin S'wak also collaborated with Sarawak Cancer Society, local enterprises and tourism board in organising an event called "Run for Hope". It is a charity event where the communities are encouraged to participate in either donating in form of monetary or join the marathon to create awareness on cancer. Although it was not part of my duty as a PR practitioner anymore, I still joined in the event along with my friends. It was fun! Plus, the joyous feeling after running for a cause is incredible!
So this is the end of my internship in PR industry. There are more CSR projects advocated by our association but I shall stop here now or this is going to be another long post! Time really flies. It is really hard to believe I learnt that much in such a short time. This internship has given me a lot of insightful experiences that I couldn't get during my study time. It also assured myself that I have made a right choice stepping into this industry. I feel there are so much more to learn and I don't want to stop learning! I am really enthusiastic about my future endeavor in PR industry. This is definitely not an end for me yet!
It's been a great pleasure to share my internship experiences here. Hope you guys enjoy this internship experience as much as I do!
It's been a great pleasure to share my internship experiences here. Hope you guys enjoy this internship experience as much as I do!
Renee Tiong
Curtin Bentley
15621580
No comments:
Post a Comment