Today I will share about something that I do on an almost daily basis, and it involves a pair of scissors. That's right, it's media clipping!
Initially when I embarked on my internship, I used to dislike media clippings because it was so mundane and I did not know how to calculate advertising value equivalents (AVE). After being in the agency for a while, I realised the value of media coverage to our clients and the importance of advertising value equivalents to calculate return of investments (ROI) for our clients.
Although doing clippings could be tedious (especially after a magazine shopping trip where we come back with lots of magazine coverage), the satisfaction derived from the numerous coverage makes me happy. I also consulted my colleagues about the calculation of advertising value equivalents for both online and print clippings. It's quite easy to do media clippings actually, here's how:
1. Obtain the Media Kits and/or Rate Cards of the publication you're clipping.
2. Input details such as the date of publication, publication name, circulation number into your clipping
3. Look out for 'Full Page 4 Colour' or Full Page (ROP) rates in the media kit or rate card and input that into your AVE section in your media clipping.
4. Calculate the AVE of your coverage by measuring the size of the coverage relative to the size of the full page.
That's it!
Hope this post is helpful for those aspiring PR Professionals! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment