Recalling from my first post, basically about adapting to the new environment and doing some of the Public Relations work, I wasn't as surprised to find a punching bag and exercise ball in the office in the weeks that follow....

So,
how did the arrangement of meeting the CEO came about?
Hello 2nd post!
Being
sick and tired when the assigned tasks were completed, I spoke to the Human
Resource Manager to ask for more Public Relations task.
The
HR manager decided that the CEO would be most appropriate person to guide me.
She reached out to the CEO and in came the response, “I need to talk to you”.
I feared.
“Am
I going to be made redundant?”
“Have
I done anything wrong?” I wondered.
For
that instance, I regretted voicing out. I had nobody to blame.
I
was literally waiting upon the collection of my tombstone to the grave I’d dug.
In
Public Relations, we learnt about cultural differences and organizational
structure. Here in Singapore, we value strongly on the hierarchy system though
this is a multi-national company.
Hence,
for an intern, which is considered the lowest position in the office, to speak
directly to the CEO, is a whole new level of exposure for me.
The
whole meeting was rather quick. Surprisingly, all the negative thoughts did not
happen.
I was safe.
I was safe.
I
was tasked to collaborate with other departments as well as write a press
release draft for Metro, Singapore’s
locally owned department store.
Pro-Bono event: Lend An Eye
Collaborating
with employees from Eureka Call Centre System, an award-winning contact service
provider that employs persons with disabilities (PWDS) in the call Centre
industry, Grey designed a smart-phone application to help people with
disabilities to travel to and fro.
Being
one of the volunteers, I assisted by guiding the employees with special needs from
the bus-stop to their workplace.
This
gave me the opportunity to see how this application was being developed and news
being taken up by the global media.
Harry’s Bar
How does lunch break over at Harry’s bar sounds?
No, not there to drink, watch soccer or whatsoever.
Work!
Posed
as a mystery patron, my colleagues and I gathered information to be placed into
a presentation for the Client. Grey Public Relations team has to pitch for Harry’s
Bar.
Other
than all that, I was being tasked to do media monitoring for Kentucky Fried
Chicken (KFC).
It
was a busy period for me and perhaps I was too hyperactive, I dislocated my neck. Thus, went on medical leave for a few days
By
the time I was back, I have a new Public Relations manager!
I
swear, this was the start of my happier moments here in the office!
First,
we headed out to buy magazines to update the media contact list. It was really
heavy and by the time we came back to the office, our hands were red like
tomatoes as seen in the picture below!
I called up MediaCorp and other publications just to double-check if the editors are still there.
Next, I helped out in arranging the magazines according to
the different genre and also look for Sacoor Brother’s ambassadors’ contact
details.
In addition, I helped out in making the online survey to help understand the company’s staff better to plan for further PR strategies.
I also helped to inform and arrange for courier services to
deliver Physiogel’s press kits to the editors.
In conclusion, this was a week filled with a lot of fun
and surprises. The manager and I engaged in several activities, including attending
Muay Thai classes during our lunch break!
That’s all for my Season One episode two.
Till then,
Nicole Tay Swee Ying
15659879
Bachelor
of commerce (Marketing and Public Relations), Curtin Singapore






No comments:
Post a Comment