Saturday, May 25, 2013

And its a wrap!

Hello again everyone!
Hope everyone is doing wonderful!
Tomorrow brings with it the end to my two and a half month long internship. What am I feeling? Confused! I am happy to be going home and enjoying the little bit of holidays left, at the same time I have grown to love my work and life in Kuala Lumpur.
This internship allowed me to travel to Kuala Lumpur and work in an environment I was alien to. The process of making this happen was indeed a tough one! Before I could I ask my parents, I had to properly plan the whole trip, the living cost, the rent, accommodation, transportation and everything else on my own. I had to first start with the most important part, looking for the internship! The simple process of making my first CV, writing my cover letter and sending emails asking for internship taught me a lot. I had never applied for a job before so I asked for my lecturers and friends assistance in every step. And thank God all were more than willing to help.
After finally getting the internship I thought I had reached the easy part, getting accommodation, but I was ever so wrong. Kuala Lumpur was a completely strange city to me, the last time I visited was about ten years ago, and a lot had changed since. I spent hours at a stretch on the computer looking for rooms near to my workplace. Finally, one fine day I found the best place, made the necessary calls and booked it.
Landing in Kuala Lumpur was a huge step ahead in my life, and I felt it. It was my first time settling down on my own, handling everything on my own and I learn countless lessons on the way. And at work I was taught something new every day, mainly of course about PR but also very important life lessons and made great friends on the way. I think this has been by far my most favourite unit in my degree. I have learnt lessons that will be with me for the rest of my life and help me most in the practical life that is waiting for me. I think many of you will agree?
I hope you all had an equally or more exciting time at your internship and wish you all the best for your studies and future! Good luck!
    

No comments: