Monday, April 13, 2015

Come Away With Me ... Next Destination? (5)

Every great journey must come to an end, but you must then welcome opportunity!

Reflecting back on my experience as an intern at Go Communications in Malaysia, I can confidently say that every experience i've had, has allowed me to grow both personally and professionally. Before commencing the internship i was a naive PR Students with confused expectations, but coming out of it, i feel that my perspective has greatly shifted and I understand the field of PR better.

I had the incredible opportunity of experiencing the following aspects of PR in a real-life environment:
Of course, there's so much more to learn, and I'm looking forward to what the future holds for me in the field of PR.

(Photo from newgrids.fr)

I can't say exactly where I'll end up in life, but I can tell you that this experience has sparked my interest in working for a PR consultancy. This is the career route I'll most likely pursue after graduating, but I'll also ensure to keep my options open.

Now, I'd like to sign off with a great quote I recently came across;
“You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you find out who they really are” (Joss Whedon).

Therefore, my PR Placement journey was another significant step in my personal and professional self discovery.

Thank you for reading my blogs, and the best of luck to you all.

Naomi James
Curtin University, Bentley.



No comments: