After spending the last 5 months with the team at Sunset Events, I have learnt how important a good work environment is on the quality of your work and how much effort you put in to what you do. Although my position was not entirely public relations based, it gave me the chance to apply the knowledge I have in to other fields of work and be able to showcase my skills and talents. I have learnt so much throughout my time as an intern and I know that having an established position in an organisation will be better than I could imagine. The support I received from the team also made coming in to work much easier as I was able to get help whenever I needed, and just by watching how the others worked, I was able to adopt a sense of work ethic that will be suitable for me in the future.
Although my intent is to not work directly in events straight out of university, and instead would rather gain some more knowledge in corporate public relations, I feel like I have really taken a lot from this experience and would love to be given the chance to incorporate my studies and my experience in to one amazing job. The future is very difficult to predict in terms of job availability, I know that I can take my experience at Sunset Events and apply myself to a job of a similar nature.
With all that said, this is also my last blog post so I hope that people have enjoyed reading them and those who were also interning in an events based company, could relate to my experience! Please comment and let me know what you thought of yours as I would love to see the differences and similarities in the field!
1 comment:
Hi Mel!
Congratulations on finishing your internship, what a great achievement! I've really enjoyed reading your blogs and comparing your experiences with my own as I'm also interning with an events company.
It's great that you were able to travel a bit with your internship to Bunbury for the GTM festival. How exciting that you were able to work on such a big event. It's interesting reading all about your experiences working on music based events and the comparison with my internship. So far I've been involved with a gardening festival and although the nature of events are different, the foundations and basics of public relations and event management are the same. It displays how we are able to apply the skills we have developed over the course of our degrees across different industries.
It sounds like your experience with Sunset Events will be really beneficial to your future career. Best of luck with everything in the future!
Megan x
Post a Comment