Friday, November 4, 2016

A Bitter-Sweet End?

My lost blog contribution. My last assignment. My last stressful week until the next one.

I want to say that I am overjoyed, but I am actually emotionally and mentally exhausted. Never-the-less, we made it - just. So to anyone reading this, best of luck. Don't forget your struggles, because without them, overcoming the challenge would not last as sweet. What did I learn from all of this? Well believe it or not, I actually only just learned the basics of PR. Again. 

What is Public Relations? Communication + Engagement + Trust. The best part, was that I got to see what PR looks like in real life - executed by people that come from non-PR backgrounds. I'm telling you, I was mind blown. My only regret from this experience is not having taken more risks. Until we cross paths again, take care and good luck. 


May your hours of sleep be long.

-Michelle

2 comments:

Whitney Borrett said...

Hi Michelle,

Congratulations on completing you internship. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I thought your blog post was short and sweet, the perfect end to a long semester. I couldn’t agree with you more, in terms of witnessing the real world of PR and meeting people with long, impressive PR backgrounds. I was also mind blown.

Good luck with the rest of your studies and exams.

Whitney

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

Thank you for sharing the positive energy and to prove that at the end of the tunnel there's light. The placement internship was eye- opening in the sense that I was actually able to know the real world of PR in real life and this kind of propelled me into an environment I utterly enjoyed. I agree on the part that even non-PR Practitioners contributed in giving in their ideas and knowledge in no other better way.

In general it was an enriched journey. Till then, sit back and enjoy the holidays on a full-swing approach!

Best of luck!
Cheers,
Shephalie