Thursday, November 3, 2016

AH… THIS IS THE END~~~

 Not really tbh (to be honest)...  more like another beginning... Anyways, the time has come to the end of my journey working as an intern with Corporate Communication Department of Curtin Sarawak. All the hardship, the struggle of completing each task, led me to getting invaluable experience which will allow me to face the upcoming challenge within the public relation field.

As a student of Curtin Sarawak, undergoing the mass communication course has let me to be aware of the presence of a corporate communications department within the campus, yet very less information that I have before to know about their function.

Slowly I try to get to know them by getting involve with more with them through joining more events but not as a participants but to work in similar field with them. From that, they that to acknowledge me and I became closer to them.

Before starting my internship my relation with them is pretty good. It changes once i start my internship with the department. Working as a team within Curtin Sarawak’s corporate communication has exposed me to the underworld of organization’s communications process. It feels like looking at the underwater part of an iceberg, it huger that the tip that we can see. Form it, I have learn much about the way that the department works and collaborate with other departments. It’s not a one-man show, or one-department show. This led me to appreciate more on the job conducted by the department. Then on, we work more as a family, brothers and sisters. To me that's the way a department should work to be able to function efficiently. Sometime, not only public relation that matters.   

Oh, before I end this post,I would like to thanks the manager my of Department and also Curtin Sarawak’s International Student Association to assign my last task to cover a comedy show. What a way to end  my internship! Not any kind of comedy show, but a show by Harith Iskander! The top 20 on the world funniest people! Yeah!
"Wefie" with Harith Iskander and the crew

1 comment:

Whitney Borrett said...

Hi Mohammad,

Congratulations on completing your internship, what a fantastic achievement.

Working in an organisation like this, you can really see the power and importance of communication and collaboration. This is one thing I have defiantly taken away from my internship experience, is that communication is the key to success -in any organisation.

Good luck with the rest of your studies!!