Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The END is HERE

Hi everyone!

I'm so so so so excited to post this last and final blog post, because not only does it signify that I'm one step closer to finishing this unit, but today is also my last class EVER at university. EVER! Once I step out of class, the next time I'll be coming back to this campus will be for our graduation ceremony. (Or to hand in the hard copy of my PR Internship Report haha).

I think that as all of our internships come to a close, it is important to remember that we are never truly done. What I mean when I say this is that even after we have wrapped up our internships and left our organisations, it doesn't mean that you will never hear from them again. Personally for me, because my internship task was so project-based, I finished my part well, but the entire project hasn't been completed yet. This is because the next phase of the project is to implement and launch the live website, but it is not my expertise nor in my knowledge to actually carry it out, but it is the job of a professional IT person. So, wanting to see what I started finished to the end, I initiated a proposal to my supervisors to call me back in when they had found a professional person to launch the website. I was afraid of a case whereby what I had planned and designed, would come out different in real-life. I simply didn't want any mis-communications or mistakes to happen, and so offered to come back in explain in detail to the person who would be handling my "baby".

Of course, it could also just be something as simple as them calling you to ask where you saved what file on the computer. But I hope that's not the case for most of us haha.

When I say that we are never truly done, I also meant that the contacts you made and relationships with the people you met have expired, just because you've finished your internship. No. The impact that you have made on others, the impression of your hard work or passion, will stay with them for a long time. What's to say, perhaps there will be a chance in the future when they'll be looking for someone to fulfill a certain role, and your name will be mentioned? No one can say what the future holds for sure.

As the semester draws to a close I'd like to take this chance, on this blog, to thank everyone who has been a part of my PR journey at Curtin. Each one of you has taught me how to be a better team player, a better student, a better friend, and more.

Good luck everyone with your PR Internship reports and whatever endeavours you embark on in the future!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Chrissy,

Your blog has just summarized what must be everyone experience while doing their internship.

I am actually said that my internship has come to an end, all the relationships we have made and all that we have learnt it is sad to leave.

We should not take for granted the lessons we have learnt from this internships.

Glad you enjoyed your internship, and good luck on finding your next job.