I have learnt through all of the PRSC and oyster events that Networking is so important in PR. Well luckily, a connection with a fellow 393 student has been beneficial for us both.
As part of my role at Perth Glory I am in charge of Player Appearances, so an email regarding this was passed on to me by our Community Relations Coordinator this morning. It was in regards to a Starlight Event this Friday, and at the bottom of the email I noticed the name of a fellow student who is currently doing a placement at starlight. We wouldn't usually have sent our players down, as Starlight is not one of our charities, however, it doesn't hurt to help out your connections. So consequently I have organised for some players to go down and play Wii with other sports stars this Friday in Forest Chase. This is also great exposure for the club and for increasing player publicity, which is one of my objectives.
Everything has been going great at the club, in fact I have recently been given the role of organising a Perth Glory night at Gloucester park Friday Night Pacing on the 23rd of May. Players will be attending so we are in the process of organising some entertainment, including a fashion parade by the players. We will hopefully be using our connection with a Perth men's retailer to dress the boys, and consequently will be giving them naming rights to one of the races on the night. I'm starting to learn how important corporate partnerships are, you can have great ideas, but it really helps to have those connections! In fact Glory is taking part in the night by signing autographs, presenting trophies etc. which we were asked to do by Gloucester Park. Luckily for them, and us, they sponsored the players end of season 'party', so they were able to ask a favour of the club. So many things we do are through mutually benefiting relationships!
In fact, feel free to check out www.perthglory.com.au for more event details!
(I couldn't pass up this PR opportunity could I!)
3 comments:
Fantastic, Caitlin. It sounds like you are having a brilliant time. It would be very interesting to hear from Portia, reporting on your 'networking success' from the Starlight perspective.
Will you be there on Friday? Maybe you could post a couple of photos to give everyone else an idea of what the event was like...
Make sure you keep us in the loop about the Perth Glory Night at Gloucester Park. It sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you.
Good luck! - and most importantly: Enjoy!
Congrats on being given the role of organiser for the Perth Glory night! Sounds like it'll be great fun. Yes it definately helps having good contacts. It's what every PR/Marketing organisation I've done work experience with have taught me. Hope you have a great time organising and attending the event, and LOL for the bit of advertising you did at the bottom. Very nice!
Its a great success form both our perspectives, we're both helping each other out, the glory are gaining a lot of goodwill and because of them we are going to generate some funding which all goes straight to brightening the lives of seriously ill children.It was great knowing someone over at Perth Glory and i'm sure that all the boys will have a lot of fun tomorrow!
Post a Comment