Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And it's a wraaaaaaaap!

Officially, I've completed my 20-day stint last Sunday.

I'm very proud to say that I've boosted some egos along the way! Thanks to the NVW 2008 which ended Sunday, I did all nine certificates for the selected volunteers. My supervisor is elated at the sight of it. (Honestly, she needs to let her hair down sometimes.) She's a one-woman-wonder juggling all the work around the place and I wished I could stay longer to help. Sighs.

Now that's out of the way, I'm focusing all my energy on the final report (on top of other two units'). I cannot wait to see the recommendations bit as I know I will have plenty to underscore in that section. It's been a trying experience to begin groundwork PR for a small yet dynamic organisation which focuses on animal welfare - one area the government wouldn't want to pass the Sterilisation Bill easily for. That's one bucketful of challenge, ain't it not?

Anyway, I'm happy I did my bit to help as much as I could. I'm just waiting for the promotional materials to come back to me from the printers so I can add it to my portfolio. What I really enjoyed most was the writing side of things - words can really sway, I tell you! That explains my Journo/PR capacities at Uni.

So, hope everybody had a wonderful experience in real-world, real-time PR over the semester. And for those just starting, grasp as much as you can. This is your one shot at getting a good foothold! Good luck!!!

Cheers xoxo Siti.

2 comments:

jean.h said...

Hey Siti,

Congrats in completing your placement!
Sounds to me that you got a pretty super,wonder supervisor who loves to handle things herself. :o)
All the best in the report!(though I myself needs to crack up more words for it) and definately all the best in your future undertakings!

Cheers!

Fareena Ramli said...

Hey Siti,

Congrats on your internship completion. After reading your previous post, it is good that you have manage to survive through all the dramas at your internship place. I can understand it has been a hard journey for you but I'm sure you have gained a lot of experience that will help you throughout your later working years. All the best for the report and all other 2 units thats filling up on your desk. Good Luck!!!

Cheers!