Sunday, May 4, 2008

April 2008

It’s been another exciting week in the office! I’ve been working on lots of different projects and activities, including a 3 page feature article to be published in the next magazine’s issue. I have also been organising ‘goody bags’ for a prestigious car company. This has been very complicated and frustrating, as it has entailed me getting exclusive companies to ‘supply’ products for free. However after several weeks I’ve managed to come through with the goods and develop some great relationships with some big p.r agencies. It has certainly been an interesting lesson in branding, and I have learnt how to successfully encourage people to see the value in product placement and building brand awareness. This goody-bag exercise has also provided a great insight into the fickle, complicated nature of dealing with various company’s public relations departments.

I have also been conducting interviews for the magazine with various people for different sections of the magazine. I have also been apart of lots of client liason with various advertisers, photographers and company’s.

It has been very exciting to watch the next issue of the magazine come to fruition. Each step of putting it together requires several meetings per day with various people and a huge amount of team work.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Seems like you are having a great time with your job, which is quite similar to mine. Its always fun to work with editors and designers and photographers. All the best to your placement... :)

Madison said...

Hi Janna

Your placement sounds very exciting!

I know you must understand how it feels to be working on a million different things at once!

I also know how you feel when you say it is very satisfying to see everything coming together. All that hard work, the tweaking of documents and calling sponsors etc to confirm is very draining. It is such a relief, and a sense of accomplishment, when everything comes together, and it just works!

I understand what you mean about team work as well. Especially in a work environment at a magazine, everyone must work towards deadlines. I understand that too. I'm glad you are enjoying your time.

Good luck for the rest of the placement!