Thursday, May 15, 2008

City of Fremantle- Blog 4

Hi all!

Yesterday was my last day at the City of Fremantle, I'm going to miss working there. The things I liked most about working there were the friendly staff, the ongoing support they gave me with all projects, the projects they devised for me to work on (they were PR-related, interesting & challenging), and the fact that they put all the work I did into use! The last project I worked on for them was reviewing and changing the content & layout in their tourism website and business section of the government website. They have implemented my changes to the business webpage: http://www.freofocus.com/main/html/investors.cfm and will be incorporating my ideas in the new tourism website.

Other projects I worked on included a media release, a backgrounder, putting together gift bags & information packs, a communications plan and a newsletter. I was also in one edition of the community newspaper and the fremantle website after being asked by the media department to pose for an emergency photo needed for a media release lol. http://www.freofocus.com/news/html/youth_week2008.cfm

Overall its been a fantastic experience, and I've learnt so much through doing PR & Marketing work in the "real world". I've learnt that budget is the most important consideration when it comes to devising strategies, something which we don't take into account much in Uni as most Uni reports only focus on the theory.

Hope you've all enjoyed your PR placements and learnt valuable things from them!

Fernanda

No comments: