Well today is my last day at my PR 393 placement! It is a weird feeling as this has become a part of my weekly routine so that I now have 2 extra free days!
I have really enjoyed my time here and now face the daunting task of 'the report'. I am currently collecting material and work I have done from my work computer to assist me in shaping what I will put in the report.
The staff here at CCGS have been more than amazing in welcoming me into the group and now have said that they don't know what they'll do without me! Working here has given me more of an insight into everyday PR. Not just the massive strategic reports but the day to day running and communicating.
While there have been days where it has not been the most interesting tasks, it has shown me that there is a definite hard working side to this career. Data base management, stats and analysis have all been showed in this corporate PR area. On the other hand some of the more interesting work such as media analysis, working with our outsourced graphic design company and contributing to the 5 year strategic report have given me the feeling that I was helping them as much as they were helping me.
While I am sad to leave I do believe that it has showed me a lot and prepared me more for the future.
Now if only I could finish the report....
2 comments:
Hey Bethany!
I think I get what you mean by your feeling sad to leave as it has showed you and taught you heaps about working in a PR environment.
I guess you did not expect that the amount of things learnt in the company is perhaps more that what you have expected.
Is going to be my final day this Friday and I might ask if i can continue til end of this month. Kind of got use to going to work and as mentioned by you, a weekly routine indeed.
Wishing you all the best for the upcoming report. I think I should starting doing it as well!
Have fun !
Yeah. I totally understand how you feel. Despite having tons of other assignments to be due, i have just finished my placement last week, and i am still also not getting used to the idea of having a 3 day off.
It is great that you have learnt a lot from your company. I think this whole unit is really an eye opener and a preparation for real life work experience.
Good luck in writing for your report, as i am struggling to start with mine still. Haha!
Post a Comment