Well well, I'm finally at the point where I will only be in this office for another two weeks and that's it so it will definately be a shock to the system going back to my basic job.
It's been great so far. I had my newsletter published in April and my next one is June's so I'm busy working on that at the moment. I have other projects as well including tomorrow nights ANZ Federal Budget Dinner. I'm psyched to see how that one works, I hear it is where ANZ puts on a big dinner for its clients and potential clients to come and watch the federal budget for this year being announced. This is done simulataneously nationwide so unfortunately for WA we will be having dinner at 5.30pm whilst everyone else is pretty much in normal time. It's one of the largest events that ANZ runs and so I'm really looking forward to helping out with this 360 people event. I have had to do really basic jobs because the logistics for it is massive, putting programs together, making place cards and putting name tags into order etc have been some small jobs. Tomorrow evening will be the test because there is a whole heap of things that need to be done, so if I thought I was going to get time to watch the budet being announced, sip my wine and eat some tasty food. I was wrong! I will be chasing people for their answers to the comnpetitions and seating guests. I hear it is a male fest so I'm not impressed. On the other hand, another project awaiting me is an event for female staff and clients or partners of clients, so I guess it's pretty even.
I spent two full days calling random people from our charitable partners last week. We were updating our charity list and I had to get the correct details and contacts for each organisation. That was kind of fun... not! I felt so akward it was like "hi I'm calling to get the number of so and so, can you give it to me". I didn't actually say it like that but you get the jist. So once I had that list completed I was assigned a research job, to research an initiative and project ANZ is involved in. You would think we already new, but no, so many departments, it's all so fragmented it's pretty tiring trying to track down information about your own organisation. After that was completed like i said one of my minimal task was to make place cards. It was only for the head table, so ten people but it took me forever to line up the table on the word document so it matched up to the placecards on an a4 sheet that were perforated. Such a small task, too a chunk of my day. I am a generation y sample but i am definately not technology savvy!
During April, I helped organise a Golf Day for ANZ staff and their clients and potential clients. There was lots of setting up and I didn't realise how much logistic work there is. It was in Dawesville so south of Mandurah. I felt like i was driving to Albany. I finally got there and had to make sure there were our sponsors flags and signage on the green because they were there playing golf so you wouldn't want to annoy them when they have just donated a $2000 pearl necklace and not see their signage anywhere. So after setting up for the presentations and lunch put on for once the gentleman had completed their 18 hole game of golf the events staff for the day which in total was four of us sat around basking in the sun, drinking, eating and general chit chatting. Mind you it wasn't all fun and games because we had to pack wine into wine boxes. Two bottles per guest so all up over 300 bottles of wine. On top of that we had to fold the boxes, so i'm definately a pro wine boxer! It was a very rewarding day and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves but like most events there were a few hiccups. We forgot the raffle tickets for the charity we were trying to raise funds for so that was a big boo boo. We managed to get over it but it just shows you put all this time into planning, preparing and implementing it and on the day there are small things that you forget and it will eat at you all day. I've learnt in PR, you work well and depending who you work for, you can definately be rewarded and enjoy yourself, even if the day isn't meant for you.
P.S I got carried away. Sorry folks!
Love Lannie xxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment