Hi 393,
Apologies for the double post, but felt that separating this reflective blog on the unit as a whole should be kept separate from my 'ahh, the report' blog.
This week I handed in my intention to graduate which was a very surreal experience, and considering all goes well (Katharina, please, be kind) this should be my last semester at Curtin. Credits have been reached and almsot all assignments have been done, and its nothing more than a fortnight of exams that separates me from the... ugh, 'real world'. I figured this would be a good time to look back on 393.
First off, this unit really does prepare you, not only for the stepping stone into professional careers, whats expected etc. but more so the idea of going out and looking for your own placement, organizing all the paperwork etc. This whole process has really mirrored the last few weeks of graduate applications and job hunting for post-uni life. Which is slightly comforting.
The unit itself has been pretty challenging (okay, I admit, mainly because of this report) but its been huge having someone like Katharina working through it all, motivated and high expectations yet very understanding of students, our situation, lifestyle and challenges of balancing everything with uni. So that has been helpful throughout this semester, while also taking PR300 with Katharina.
The unit itself gave me the opportunity to leave Perth for a few weeks, work in Melbourne which was a cool experience. I almost shut myself out from people here in the West and lived in my own little world, trying to really take the whole experience in. I felt like I got more out of it this way, being committed for 4 weeks to One By One, and trying to learn as much about PR, digital marketing and technology as possible, and I feel like ive walked away a little wiser, and if that's all then I say it was well worth it.
So thank you Katharina and everyone else who helped along the way, and good luck to all you 393 goers in the future , especially those graduating this semester - hope to catch you down the line.
Ben.
2 comments:
Thank you for you fantastic endorsement of PR393 and the insight into the opportunities the unit offers to final year PR students, Ben!
Just a quick reminder for everyone who might be sweating over the report right now – or any upcoming students who might start getting very worried about this “massive report” everyone is talking about: Week 14 is the final deadline. You are all very welcome to hand in your report EARLIER – i.e. those students who complete their placement over the break can easily get the report out of the way before the semester starts or at least before it gets into full swing.
I have to admit that early submissions are rather rare….. I wonder why…?
A big thank you to all PR393 students for a fantastic semester! I hope you made the most out of the unit and truly set yourselves up for a successful career in PR.
hey i was going to write and agree with what you were saying about 393. I have found it so so helpful. the big wide world is lots less intimidating and if anything i wish i had done some holiday placements cause now i think my resume looks half done!!
the report is still scary but its nice to read that someone else feels as comfortable about finishing uni and getting the positives out of their placement that i feel i have done!! good luck with your report!
Post a Comment