Well the time has finally come and I'm at day 20 of my placement. I have mixed feelings where I am glad I am finished but also sad that it's over. During my time at my placement, I have gained invaluable experience and had a real look at how PR is used within the industry.
I have been extremely fortunate with my placement where I have worked within a large organisation so I have really seen all elements of PR in practice, from both an internal and external point of view. My placement company has given me lots of opportunities to enhance my learning and I'm grateful that I had such a great supervisor who looked after me and guided me throughout my 20 days. My trip to Newman was definitely a highlight and working on media releases and advertising were other highlights of my placement.
I'm just putting together work for my portfolio and finishing everything up, getting some info for my final report and making the most out of my last day. I have really enjoyed my placement and working in a industry I knew nothing about (the mining industry) was a challenge but definitely a rewarding one as there is always something going and it's very fast-paced.
Now onto writing the report.....wish me luck!
5 comments:
Congratulations on completing your placement - although, please keep in mind that the 20 days are a minimum requirement, i.e. you are always welcome to extend your stay.
I am truly looking forward to your report!
Dear Tenika,
It sounds like you really enjoyed your placement and have learnt a lot from your experience. Now you can take on the big world, and apply your new knowledge in a job of your choice. I have to agree with you on the fact that a larger organisation can provide you with many opportunities to learn about different aspects of Public Relations in action, whether it is about writing a story for a magazine, writing a media release, or contacting people for an interview and background information. I have found that PR embraces a lot of aspects of journalism too... Good luck with putting together your report. I still have not finished my placement, but also feeling overwhelmed about writing the final report. It is important to put together all the samples of your work, and maybe have a look at reports other students have written in previous years.
Tenika,
Congratulations on finishing your 20 days! Today is my last day and I agree with what you said in that it really gives you an insight into PR. Working in industries that you may not be initially interested in, or know much about I think gives an extra challenge.
Good luck with your report
Bethany
Congrats Tenika!
Is going to be my last day this Friday. Time passes pretty fast doesn't it?
Well, seems to me that you've enjoyed your placement which is awesome..! Working in a mining industry and not knowing what to expect the PR there is going to be like and it turned out fun and exciting!
All the best in the report...i guess i should be doing mine soon too.
Cheers!
Post a Comment