Hi everyone,
Finally get a chance to post my blog here. University life has been so busy for this semester. I am currently doing my Public Relations internship with Alzheimer’s Australia WA at Wembley. I have completed approximately 10 days of my internship with the organisation. Alzheimer’s WA is a not for profit organisation mission to provide supports and services to individuals with dementia and their families and carers. I am under a kind and helpful Public Relations Officer, helping him with work varied and carers all facets of Public Relations.
The first day at Alzheimer’s WA was really nervous and worries. Everything was so new to me. Especially when I was called for a meeting on that day itself, knowing nothing about the companies and all the on going projects, I was very quite throughout the whole meeting. But luckily Alzheimer’s WA has a group of extremely friendly and helpful employees; their friendliness helps me to get use of the place faster and better. I feel really well-cared in the organisation.
During my internship, I was basically doing some drafts for media releases, newsletter’s story, events strategy planning and media planning. What I learned and practiced in the class past few semesters are now useful for me. Besides that, most of the drafts I submitted were given feedback too. My supervisor briefed and taught me how to write a proper and effective media release. I really learned a lot from him.
With only one Public Relations officer in the organisation; handling everything from media enquiries to being a photographer in an organisation’s event is not easy. In this situation Public Relations roles and duties might be more than we can expect. I feel satisfaction with all the knowledge and experience I gained from the organisation although is only the first ten days of my internship. I am looking forward for the next ten days.
“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” – Vernon Sanders Law
Finally get a chance to post my blog here. University life has been so busy for this semester. I am currently doing my Public Relations internship with Alzheimer’s Australia WA at Wembley. I have completed approximately 10 days of my internship with the organisation. Alzheimer’s WA is a not for profit organisation mission to provide supports and services to individuals with dementia and their families and carers. I am under a kind and helpful Public Relations Officer, helping him with work varied and carers all facets of Public Relations.
The first day at Alzheimer’s WA was really nervous and worries. Everything was so new to me. Especially when I was called for a meeting on that day itself, knowing nothing about the companies and all the on going projects, I was very quite throughout the whole meeting. But luckily Alzheimer’s WA has a group of extremely friendly and helpful employees; their friendliness helps me to get use of the place faster and better. I feel really well-cared in the organisation.
During my internship, I was basically doing some drafts for media releases, newsletter’s story, events strategy planning and media planning. What I learned and practiced in the class past few semesters are now useful for me. Besides that, most of the drafts I submitted were given feedback too. My supervisor briefed and taught me how to write a proper and effective media release. I really learned a lot from him.
With only one Public Relations officer in the organisation; handling everything from media enquiries to being a photographer in an organisation’s event is not easy. In this situation Public Relations roles and duties might be more than we can expect. I feel satisfaction with all the knowledge and experience I gained from the organisation although is only the first ten days of my internship. I am looking forward for the next ten days.
“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” – Vernon Sanders Law
No comments:
Post a Comment