Finally (and a little sadly) my time at CSA has ended :-(
It has been a fun journey, and I have really got to know all of the staff in the office. I feel like I could show up to work everyday and I would fit right in!
My time at CSA ended on a high! We had the media launch for the City to Surf on Monday just gone. While a lot of the preparation had been done prior to the day, there was of course lots of last minute tasks that needed to be completed!
I did the mad dash to all the open newsagencies in the city in order to find name tag labels. We had issues with missing food (for the guests), no coffee pots to hold the coffee, and slight technical difficulties. All I can say is...Murphy's Law....
In the end it was a great turnout. We had all the sponsors (HBF, Activ, other sponsors) come down. There was definetely competition for prime logo placement and exposure from two major sponsors.
We had a good turnout from the media- 94.5, The West, Western Suburbs Weekly, Channel 9 and Channel 10.
Then, after everyone was seated, it was time for the big annoucement....this year's event ambassador would be none other than..Cathy Freeman! However, Cathy could not be at the event, and several of the media were disappointed. However, we did manage to gain some media coverage- 94.5 run the story at the 12pm news slot!
It was a great experience for me- I got to meet some of WA's top media figures. And I realised just how small a place Perth is- all the media and sponsors knew each other well- talking about their families, and jobs, and what they did on the weekend.
I greatly appreciate the oppourtunity CSA has given me. I will be going back once uni is over to continue to help out, and to hostess at events from time to time. Long live the many contacts I have made!
Happy Reading!
1 comment:
Hey Madison,
It sounds like your time at CSA was really valuable in complementing your public relations studies. Congratulations on completing your placement, and it looks like you would have built a fairly substantial list of contacts. Now to completing the report... :)
Byron
Post a Comment